This is our Award Winning Performance
Awards are a recognition that what we do and how we do it, every day, truly matters.
Dedication to clinical excellence is at the core of our mission and we’re
grateful that our clinical quality is nationally recognized.
RANKED AMONG “TOP HEALTH SYSTEMS”
• Prime Healthcare has been recognized as one of the “15 Top
Health Systems” in the nation three times by Truven Health Analytics
(formerly Thomson Reuters)
• Prime Healthcare was the only health system west of the Mississippi
to receive “10 Top Health Systems” recognition in the nation.
• Prime Healthcare is consistently ranked among the top health systems
in the nation based on clinical quality.
• Numerous accolades and recognition from other organizations including
Leapfrog, US News & World Report, Premier Care Science, American Heart
Association/American Stroke Association, and PacificCare’s Quality Index.
• Healthgrades has recognized Prime Healthcare hospitals with more
than 100 five-star achievements for clinical excellence in a variety of
• In 2016, Prime achieved national recognition by having more Healthgrades
Patient Safety Excellence Award recipients than any other health system
in the country. Twenty Prime hospitals achieved this honor, including
all 15 California hospitals.
RANKED AMONG “100 TOP HOSPITALS”
• Prime Healthcare hospitals have been ranked among the best in the
nation. “100 Top Hospitals” in the nation a remarkable 36
times by Truven.
• The Truven “100 Top Hospitals” award winners for Prime
Healthcare in 2015 were: Centinela Hospital Medical Center (fourth time)
Chino Valley Medical Center (fourth time) Desert Valley Hospital (sixth time)
Garden Grove Hospital Medical Center (fourth time) Paradise Valley Hospital
(second time) Shasta Regional Medical Center (third time)
• Others among the “100 Top Hospitals”: West Anaheim Medical
Center, La Palma Intercommunity Hospital, and San Dimas Community Hospital.
RANKED “TOP PERFORMER ON KEY QUALITY MEASURES” BY THE JOINT
• In 2015, 16 Prime Healthcare hospitals earned national recognition
as a “Top Performer on Key Quality Measures” from The Joint
Commission, the leading medical accreditation organization in the country.
NATIONAL AWARDS MEAN SAFER PATIENTS
With nearly 3,000 U.S. hospitals surveyed, the hospitals demonstrated that
high-quality patient outcomes can be achieved while improving efficiency.
If all hospitals in the U.S. performed at the same level as the 100 Top
Hospitals award winners:
- Nearly 126,500 additional lives could be saved
- Nearly 109,000 additional patients could be complication-free
- $1.8 billion in inpatient costs could be saved
- The typical patient could be released from the hospital half a day sooner
- Episode-of-illness expense would be 2 percent lower than the peer median
According to Truven the majority of the 2015 award winners have produced
year-to-year performance improvement, as well. This speaks to the consistent
focus on excellence by the entire organization and the men and women who